Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Card Set Swap

I know I've mentioned splitcoaststampers about a hundred times here on my blog.  I have participated in yet another swap (they are so addicting)!  This was for a set of four cards -- they could be identical or coordinating.  I had so much fun making these.  I actually signed up for four spots. 

The first set was identical Christmas cards.  This is a case from either a mini catalog or an idea book and catalog from several years ago using the .  That was the year that I hand-stamped and mailed out 100 Christmas cards.  It is still one of my favorites.  And even though I still make my own cards to mail out, I don't do quite so many!  I used Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi (returning July 1!) and Whisper White cardstock as well as Real Red, Chocolate Chip and Wild Wasabi classic ink.  The stamp set was a Level 3 hostess set.

This next card was inspired by the this Stampin 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge and this card by trbauer over at splitcoaststampers.  It was also a set of four identical cards.  I used some retired Designer Series Paper, as well as Old Olive, Baja Breeze and Pink Pirouette (both Baja Breeze and Pink Pirouette are returning July 1) cardstock, Baja Breeze classic ink, Pink Pirouette double striped grosgrain ribbon (retired), wide oval punch, large oval punch, silver brads and the Birthday Bliss stamp set (115442). 
The third and fourth sets of cards were cased from Heather Summers' Simply Stamping online class.  She is amazingly talented and I want to be her when I grow up! 
Card set three was four coordinating cards using the Friends 24/7 stamp set.  I, however, don't own that stamp set, so I created hybrid cards using My Digital Studio to "stamp" my images and then I printed them on my home printer and cut them out to use as elements on my cards.  Unfortunately, I did not get photographs of all four cards before I sealed them up, so you only get to see two of them.  Supplies used:  My Digital Studio, Kraft, Very Vanilla and Brocade Blue cardstock, Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper, So Saffron, Brocade Blue and Basic Brown classic ink, Rich Regals brads, Finial Press embossing folder, Scallop Trim Border punch, Thank You Kindly stamp set.  I never even dreamed about making hybrid projects before I took this class from Heather, but I'm really pleased with how the cards turned out!


My final card set, also from Heather Summers' Simply Stamping online class, is a coordinating set.  Supplies used:  Bermuda Bay (retiring - so sad to see it go), Soft Suede, Rose Red and Whisper White cardstock as well as Bermuda Bay, Rose Red and Soft Suede classic ink, Thoroughly Modern Designer Series Paper, Soft Suede Polka Dotted Ribbon, Rose Red 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, 1 1/4" square punch, Right This Way Arrow punch (retiring), Wide Oval punch, Large Oval punch and 1 3/8" square punch.

No comments: