Saturday, November 27, 2010

Extreme Guitar Birthday

Of anything, I have the most difficult time with masculine cards!  My son had a birthday party to go to yesterday, and as usual, I waited until the last minute to get the card done.  You would think that I would have a ton of cards piled up and ready to go, but no, I don't.  Especially not boy cards! 

We started giving cash or gift cards a few years ago because it's so hard to buy gifts for kids these days when you don't really know what they're into.  I went to the store to get the gift card, but there was absolutely NO WAY I was standing in those holiday sale lines for one gift card, so I decided to just do cash.  I pulled out my favorite "boy" stamp, Extreme Guitar and proceeded to put together a money holder.  These are so easy to make and really only require one piece of 8-1/2" x 11" card stock.

I took a piece of Not Quite Navy, cut it down to 8-1/2" x 9" and scored it at 3-1/2" and 7".  Adhere the smallest flap down and you have a money pocket.  Easy peasy!

Supplies:
Not Quite Navy Card Stock (101722)
Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
Not Quite Navy Classic Ink (103008)
Not Quite Navy Stampin' Write Marker (100059)
Extreme Guitar Stamp Set (115328 - available in wood mount only)
Afterthoughts Stamp Set (Hostess Level 1 - Wood Mount 118388; Clear Mount 120121)
Just Jawing Stamp Set (Retired)
Sticky Strip (104294)
SNAIL adhesive (104332)
Paper Cutter (104152)

No comments: