Sunday, January 23, 2011

Not Feeling It

I have not been feeling crafty at all this week.  In fact, I've been downright out of it.  We received word on Monday that some very good family friends lost their 13-year-old daughter in a hiking accident on Sunday.  To say we are devastated is an understatement.  We were stationed with them in England and she and our 13-year-old daughter were still quite close and, in fact, were trying to plan to spend some time together this summer.  On top of that my husband is supposed to leave for an extended trip and we've all been gearing up for that, which is always difficult, but even more so since he hasn't been gone longer than a week or two in over five years.  I have three design projects due very soon, two by Thursday and one more by the beginning of February.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to share those with you quite yet.  As soon as I can, though, I will!  In the meantime, I do plan on getting back to it and sharing with you as soon as possible.  Thank you for understanding my absence.

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Jaime, accept my condolences on the loss of your family friend. What a tragedy! Take care of yourself and your family during this stressful time. I know that I will be here when you are back to blogging.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jamie, my heart goes out to you (and your friends)! What a rough time, made harder by your husband's impending deployment. Big hugs, chick - remember to breathe. xxoo