Monday, January 31, 2011

Project 52 Week 3

I know we are just ending with the fourth week of January, but I didn't start this project until the second week, hence Week 3!  I am really happy with how this 2-page layout turned out.  I'm not sure if I mentioned before or not, but I am doing 2-page layouts rather than single pages and I am scrapbooking past and present rather than limiting myself to 2011.  I just started scrapbooking a year or so ago, but I have not done much of it, so this is a great way for me to begin catching up.  I am only able to do from about 2005 on as when we moved overseas I left all my photos behind.  I do have a few pictures from before we left, but not many.

For these pages I used two of the pre-made photo layouts and went from there.  I added a piece of Lap of Luxury Designer Series Paper as my background and created my Basic Gray layer by adding a square punch and stretching it to the size I wanted followed by using the color fill function to add the color.  I then added the Scalloped Trim Border Punch and color filled with Concord Crush.  The brads are from the Sending Love Epoxy Brads download.  The only difference on Page 2 is that I omitted the use of the brads.  For the journaling at the top of Page 2, I added a layer of Pretty in Pink card stock behind the journaling to ease readability. 

I'm really happy with the way these pages turned out.  And the fact that I've completed three 2-page layouts in the last three weeks boggles my mind.  It's more than I've done in the past three months! 

If you're ready to take the plunge and begin using My Digital Studio for all of your digital scrapbooking needs, now is the perfect time!  You can receive the wonderful So Much to Sale-A-Brate Digital Content CD absolutely FREE until March 31 with your purchase!  Don't waste a minute!  If you have your own demonstrator, contact her NOW.  If not, head on over to my website now and place your order!

1 comment:

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous job! I like the DSP you selected and the layout. The two pages coordinate really well. You are becoming a master at MDS scrapping!