Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mojo Monday 207

I have been itching to craft so badly, but it's just not happening for me!  We are temporarily living in my parents' house while we have our first home ever built!  It's wonderful, but there just isn't anywhere to put my stuff unless I want to set up in the garage, which, in Texas during the summer, is not the best idea!!!  Too darn hot!  We did finally get our shipment which contained some of my crafting supplies, but I couldn't bring them all.  I never realized how truly dependent I am on my punches until I didn't have free access to them!  I'm completely lost!  I did manage to bring my Big Shot and all my dies, though, so that's something.  However, there are times when you absolutely MUST have your punches!  I am trying really hard to eek out some stamping time and space, but it's rough!  Please bear with me during this transition and understand that my posts will be sporadic for the next few months.  For those of you who choose to stick around, I will have some blog candy once we are moved in to our home and I have my craft room set up (YES!!!  I get my very own craft room!!!) and all of my stamping goodness together in one place!  Thanks so much!!!

Now on to what you're really here for!  For this particular card, I really wanted/needed my Extra Large Oval punch.  I did manage with an oval cut from the Ovals die, but it wasn't quite the same!  Just a smidge too small, but it worked.

Here's the Mojo Monday 207 sketch that worked from.


It's a great sketch!  I absolutely love it and the samples over at the Mojo Monday Blog are phenomenal!!!

Here's my card.  I did deviate from the sketch a touch, but overall am quite happy with how my card turned out.

Supplies:
Happiest Birthday Wishes Stamp Set (Hostess - W-122615, C-122617)
Concord Crush Card Stock (119792)
Melon Mambo Card Stock (115320)
Cheerful Treat Designer Series Paper (Hostess - 122381)
Concord Crush Stampin' Write Marker (123002 - 2010-2011 In Color Markers sold as a set of 5)

Melon Mambo Stampin' Write Marker (121074)
Brights Brads (119740)
Designer Frames Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (123130)





2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful job, Jamie! I know how awful it must be to be without all of your supplies. Just keep thinking how awesome your craft room will be!!!

Carrie Sampsel said...

Great card!! I love the colors. I couldn't imagine being without my punches either. Despite the lack of a punch I think it turned out perfect.