Friday, November 18, 2011

Clean Out Your Craft Room Swap Card

Oh my goodness, it's been a long time since I last posted!  Life has been some kind of crazy for us, still living in transition, but I somehow managed to make time to participate in a "Clean Out Your Craft Room" swap over at Splitcoaststampers.  The idea was to use up some of your retired stuff ... make room for new goodies!  I don't have much in the way of retired product with me as I only packed current stuff in our express shipment when we made our move back from Okinawa and the rest is in our household goods shipment, which I won't receive until we move into our house in January.  The sad thing is that it's been sitting in a warehouse in San Antonio since September!  So close, but still so far away!  I was able to find a retired stamp set that I brought and some retired DSP, though, to complete my cards.  Here's what I came up with.


Other than the coloring on the whale, I'm really pleased with how this card turned out.  If I were to do it over, I would have definitely gone with water color paper rather than the Whisper White -- I just couldn't find mine when I was making my cards.

Thanks to everyone who has stuck around to see if I would ever resurface!  I'm definitely not back to my regular posting schedule, but I sure hope there isn't as big a gap between this post and my next as there was between this one and my last! 

Supplies:
Pun Fun Stamp Set (Retired)
Not Quite Navy Card Stock (101722)
Bashful Blue Card Stock (105120)
Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
Nautical Expedition Designer Series Paper (Retired)
Black Staz-On Ink (101406)
Not Quite Navy Classic Ink (103008)
Blender Pen (102845)
1-3/8" Circle Punch (119860)
2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (118874)
Jewels Basic Pearls (119247)
Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (123128)


1 comment:

Ann Schach said...

Cute card, Jamie! It's great to see that you have resurfaced! Woo hoo!