Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Pinterest Inspiration

My nephew (who is also an avid baseball player) turned 9 on Sunday.  I knew I wanted to make him a baseball themed card, so off to Pinterest I went!  When I saw THIS card I knew I'd found the card to case.  I contacted my SIL to find out what his team colors were and used those as my palette.  I started with a Night of Navy card base and a Whisper White canvas.  I have to admit -- I am a paper hoarder!  I have got the paper stacks going back several years in every color family and I have sworn to myself that I will NOT order any more color family paper stacks (except new In Colors) until I've exhausted my stockpile.  However, even though the designs on my DSP have retired, the colors have not and you can still get the Designer Series Paper Stacks in all color families (and I've linked those for you below). 
 

I used the Red Glimmer Paper with the Stars Framelits to create the outlined stars and the Night of Navy card stock to create the solid star.  I then ran the Night of Navy star through my Big Shot with the Lucky Stars Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  I punched the "baseball" with the 1-3/8" Circle Punch and drew the stitching on with my Real Red Stampin' Write Marker, which I then popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals.  The Night of Navy strip was punched with the star from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.  The sentiment is from the Crazy About You stamp set.  I sure hope he loves his card as much as I loved making it for him! 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments: