Friday, March 11, 2016

Baby Boy Dresser Card

I've seen these adorable "dresser" cards (really called a side-step card) all over the Internet and have always been a little intimidated by them.  However, I was in need of a baby boy card for my cousin and his wife who are expecting in April so I pulled up my sleeves and dove in.  It was surprisingly easy!  If you would like to see a video tutorial (I am a visual learner myself), then head on over to YouTube and watch THIS VIDEO. 
 

 
 
I'm really pleased with how this card turned out.  I just cut the "drawer" pieces at 3/4" x 2-1/2" (Sahara Sand) and eyeballed the spacing on the Crumb Cake base.  I did sponge the edges of each drawer with Crumb Cake Classic Ink for some added texture.  I used Candy Dots from the Neutral Collection for the drawer pulls.  All of the elements were created with the Something for Baby stamp set and cropped using the Baby's First Framelits and the sentiment is from the FREE Sale-a-Bration Perfect Pairings stamp set.  I cut a small piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock (2-1/2" x 3") for my inside panel and stamped the greeting in Crumb Cake Classic Ink. 

Product List

No comments: